Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bon appetite!

DSC_0151

DSC_0154c

I know, crazy, 2 posts in one day. Just couldn't resist.

I just had to express how I felt today about the customer service I had from a lady at La Madeline today. I decided to treat myself and grab my favorite chicken caesar salad for lunch. As soon I walked in, the lady behind the register made me feel so special like I was walking into her very own kitchen and had known her for years. I ordered the usual.....and added a dessert. We laughed about how I was eating well with a salad, so that I could be bad. A real "you go girl" kind of attitude. She rang me up and handed me a large cup and lid with my receipt...."Go fill that up with whatever you want from the fountain on us." so nice! Then when I came back, she package my things and explained that they gave me extra chicken because she packaged it and so did the salad man. She said she did not want it to go to waste. super! Then she went on to explain how she doesn't mind doing things like that as it makes her even happier than the satisfied customer and has been doing it lately with the valentines day cookies.... as she slips a package into my to go bag. Score! So, besides all of the extra calories added to my lunch, I left there will a huge smile and a full heart. Even a simple genuine smile would have made my day!

As you can see, I ate most of the dessert on the way home, but I still have those perfect little heart cookies..... If I can give them to someone else just to make them smile then it is so worth it. You vote- who should I deliver them to just because!

1) Friend just had a baby and rough 2 weeks
2) Friend who has 3 puking children at home
3) Friend who just jumped in to teaching 3rd grade-sink or swim
4) Friend who just got a real grown up job
5) Friend who just gave me a rodeo ticket
6) Friend who just got over the stomach bug
7) me because I will probably eat them anyway!

what do you think?! This is a test to see if I should do more bigger and better giveaways... not the re-gifting kind ;)

New Baby Mama Wins

10 comments:

Matt, Valerie,Titan and Boston said...

I'm gonna have to say the friend who just got a real world job! LOL...only because I know who that someone is!
We must think alike...we had staff development yesterday and actually got to go off campus. We went to La Madeline and I had my fav, the chicken cesear salad and a mini fruit tart! We just may be long lost sisters!
Have a great week!

Brandon said...

Obviously 1 or 2 deserve it on what they have had to deal with but my vote is your boyfriend oops I mean the friend who just got over stomach bug

kahlei said...

I vote for the friend that took you to the rodeo. You forgot to mention that they were row 1 and that you were up and personal with the bulls! :)

Kristine said...

The friend with the new baby! Sweet treat for a sweet thought!

Maggie said...

i am going to have to vote for the friend with the baby.....bed rest, plus baby=heart sweets. i know her heart is full....so why not give an outward gesture of her life....just my vote....

Stacey said...

I am going to vote for you! Basically I know I am not going to win and maybe you will share with me:) If Lindsey wins tell her she owes me a cookie, lol

Haley said...

Denise Schley: (from facebook) Definitely give the cookies to the new teacher...I remember my first "sink or swim" week at Meyersville.

Haley said...

So- the baby mama won. I will drop them off today before they get stale! thanks guys for the feedback. That was fun.... what to give away next......

Lindsey said...

Yippee! The cookies were so yummy too! Thanks Haley! It was definitely a rough couple of weeks but we are all now home safe and sound! The cookies were the icing on the cake ;)

Megan said...

I have not visited your website in a hot minute. As always, wonderful work. I miss you and can't wait to see you. I hope you are still coming in this weekend for the 5K. Love ya.