Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pay it Forward

Mo is the winner!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for leaving your comments- please let your nominees know you appreciate them :) xo


A friend of mine posted an inspiring facebook update today....

"I love pay it forward--pulled up to the Starbucks window and person in front of me had paid for mine! Can't wait to do that for someone else! Put a smile on my face:) "


I know this will by no means save the world, but making someone else happy is totally worth it. Someone is always having a worse day than you and sometimes it is the little things that can turn it all around.

Please leave a comment to nominate a friend for a $25 gift card to Starbucks.... I will pick the winner by Friday. Pay it forward to your friend who is worthy..... and they can simply buy a stranger a cup of coffee to start their morning off right. Now I am off to brew a pot of coffee so I can get motivated for kickboxing!!!





12 comments:

Mo Shipp said...

I would like to nominate my friend ANITA, with whom I work! She does an awesome job everyday taking care of her husband, stepson, granddaughter, and all of us here at the office.

Lauren Lelsey Photography said...

Yay haley -GREAT idea! I nominate Erin C - she always has a word of encouragement for EVERY one around her!

Melissa said...

I love doing this. I do it every year :) I would love to nominate my cousin Jess. She is pregnant with her 3rd baby and dealing with the stresses of her 2nd child with breathing issues. Always going to the Drs office.

Annyce said...

My nomination is for all of Rafe's girls. you know who you are present and past! Split the card between the coffee and tea drinkers! Rafe will join you and eat your cookies! :)

Maggie said...

Hales. Love the game. So awesome. I agree with Annyce. I miss the little man so much and of course you ladies.

Haley said...

Annyce and Mags--ha ha-- that would be passing it in a circle of friends. Not sure that is fair as I am one of them.

This is going to have to be a random drawing as I do not have the heart to choose :) I will let you know Friday morning... over coffee!!

Elizabeth Post said...

I nominate my friend, Trisha "Pat" Dixon. She graduated from Baylor Law on Feb. 6th, took the BAR last week, and is starting her job in Austin next week. She has done such a great job and had been so dedicated. She deserves a Starbucks giftcard :)

Megan P. said...

Haley such a nice thing you are doing. I would have to nominate my best friend Kristy who is getting ready to move to San Antonio and start a new job. She will be working nights in the Nursery at one of the hospitals so the coffee might help keep her awake. She is ready for the move and the new job, but still starting over in a town might be kind of scary.

Shanna said...

What a great idea, Haley!!

Kahlei said...

This is neat and such a good idea! I don't know who I could nominate. So...I think Rafe's girls is a good idea! :) Give us a reason to all get together. I think the last time was Rafe's birthday. :(

Haley said...

Rafe's girls don't count!!! ha ha ha-- and, c'mon- do we REALLY deserve this? think hard... who really deserves it......... only a few more hours!!!

Haley said...

The winner is Mo!!!!